It had been a typically busy week and our younger son was coming in that evening for a weekend visit. A new coffee maker was purchased in the afternoon and there was no time to bake goodies. However, my search in our freezer yielded a Ziploc Freezer Bag of Yummy Blueberry Muffins! Woohoo! Those 6 muffins filled with blueberries were placed on a plate and covered with GladWrap - to defrost.
|Covered & Defrosting...|
Yummy Blueberry Muffins
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 26 Minutes
Yield: 22 Muffins
1/2 Cup Butter/Margarine
1 and 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 Whole Egg + 2 Egg Whites
2 Cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional, but a wonderful addition)
1/2 Cup Milk (can be Soy Milk)
2 - 2 and 1/2 Cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen that have been defrosted)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place paper liners in muffin tins.
- In large bowl cream butter/margarine with Sugar and beat until light.
- Add Egg + 2 Egg Whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon and 1/2 of Flour. Beat.
- Add 1/2 of Milk, beat.
- Add remaining Flour, beat.
- Then, add remaining Milk, beat.
- Gently add in Blueberries. Stir in with Spatula or large Spoon.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 26 Minutes or until muffins are lightly browned.