|Ready to mix the Topping!|
Ever since our local Peaches have been available, I've purchased them weekly. The sweet fruit is so good in a fruit salad. Some mighty tasty Peach Freezer Jam can be enjoyed all year, also- that is until your supply runs out! Every week we devour the ripened fruit & I purchase them again. Not this past week. I did buy them, but I had the sole intention to bake a Peachy Craisin Crisp! It was the perfect dessert for my DH's b'day! A cake can be baked any time of the year, but local fresh Peaches come only once a year here in New England!
This is a family fave dessert! My 8" x 8" rose colored Pyrex baking dish was filled with Peach slices. About 1/4 cup Craisins were sprinkled on top & mixed in with the slices. After 45 minutes of baking it came out of the oven. Yum, yum, yum!
To remove the Peach skins easily: With a spoon place Peach in simmering water (enough water to cover piece of fruit) for about 25 seconds. With spoon remove from water & cool until easy to handle. Peel fruit & cut into slices.
|Peachy Craisin Crisp|
In both my former & now my new oven the baking time is 45 Minutes.
Oven Temperature: 375°F Time: 45 Minutes
6- 8 ripe Peaches
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup softened Butter or Margarine
1/4 Cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray glass baking dish with PAM.
- Place sliced Peaches in baking dish.
- Sprinkle on Craisins and mix.
- In small bowl combine all dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add softened Butter or Margarine & combine thoroughly.
- Sprinkle this Topping mixture evenly over Peaches/ Craisins.
- Bake 45 minutes or until Peaches are tender.
- Serve warm or cold topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- After cool, cover and refrigerate any leftovers.