|Apple Crisp with Craisins/ Raisins|
Needs a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!
Returning back home reminded me of the fresh apples & also desserts where the delicious fruit is the key ingredient. Yum, yum, yum! If I were to choose the 1 dessert that can be prepared quickly and my family always enjoys, it would be Apple Crisp! Baked apple slices with a crunchy oat topping that has a hint of Nutmeg & Cinnamon- ahhhhh! It's a dessert that is enjoyed by our family & friends, any time of year. It can also be transported very easily when baked in a disposable baking dish.
Usually in the first Apple Crisp I bake every autumn McIntosh Apples are the star. Now, that's because they are the first baking apple I can use. As soon as the Cortland Apples hit the scene, those are my apples of choice. As the seasons change, Empire Apples taste so good in this yummy dessert.
Have you baked this dessert? While preparing it don't forget to add in a few Craisins & Raisins!
Apple Crisp with Craisins/ Raisins
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 45 - 50 Minutes
6 - 7 peeled sliced large apples - I use McIntosh, Cortland
&/or Empire apples
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon softened Butter or Margarine
1/4 Cup Craisins
1/4 Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray PAM in 8" x 8" glass baking pan/ dish.
- Rinse apples under cold running water & dry.
- Peel & slice apples.
- Place peeled/ sliced apples in pan/ dish.
- Add Craisins & Raisins and mix in.
- Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients together in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 45- 50 Minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- When cool, cover & refrigerate any leftovers.