|Baked Taco Pie|
with Fat Free Sour Cream on Top
Tortillas & the filling mixture are layered before baking. The best casserole baking dish I have to use here was my smaller square rose colored Pyrex baking dish. That worked great!
These days I'm substituting Ground Turkey for Ground Beef whenever possible in recipes. Ohhh, cholesterol has a background with my family. Genes play a role & choices also play a role!
So, I've changed the original recipe a bit & we totally liked it! Yes, servings remained after dinner & they seasoned very well for 2 days when we enjoyed this entree again for dinner. Tortillas are layered here, so it is filling. Try it, you'll like it!
Baked Taco Pie
inspired by Kraft Foods
Oven Temperature: 375°F Time: 25- 30 Minutes
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1 Tablespoon Chopped Onion (dehydrated)
1 teaspoon Chili Powder (more if desired)
Sprinkle of Dried Basil & Sprinkle of Dried Oregano
1 can (14.5 ounces) Diced Tomatoes, drained
1 pkg. (10 ounce) Frozen Mixed Vegetables (Corn, Carrots, Peas, Green Beans), thawed & defrosted
(5) 6 inch Tortillas
1 Cup Low Fat Shredded Cheese
Low Fat Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown Ground Turkey in skillet, drain any fat.
- Add Chopped Onions, Chili Powder, Dried Basil & Oregano to skillet, stir.
- Add drained Diced Tomatoes & Corn Mixed Veggies, stir.
- Cook for 5 Minutes.
- Spray casserole baking dish with PAM.
- Place 1 Tortilla on bottom.
- Place 1/3 of filling mixture on top, spreading evenly.
- Then, place 2 Tortillas on filling mixture.
- Layer another 1/3 mixture on, topping with 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese.
- Place 2 Tortillas on top, then filling & sprinkle on Shredded Cheese.
- Bake 25- 30 Minutes in 375°F oven.
- Cut & serve with Low Fat Sour Cream.