|Slow Cooker Yam Chicken Florentine|
With my non-stick pot that's sprayed with PAM, I've learned to place a hard veggie on the bottom. Learning the hard way that meat can become too crispy & tasteless if placed on the bottom of the pot, first.
Today, a large Yam was substituted for a white Potato that I usually use. A couple of days ago we enjoyed Baked Potatoes at dinner, so white Potatoes were not going to be repeated. Oh, what a great difference a Yam makes! While enjoying this one pot meal, every bite contained a sweetness from the Yam! Now, I'll always use this veggie when making this Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot dinner.
Slow Cooker Yam Chicken Florentine
1 Lb. Baby Carrots
(1) large Yam/ Sweet Potato
1 teaspoon dried Parsley
1 teaspoon dried Chopped Onion
2 Bay Leaves
1- 1 and 1/2 Lbs. Chicken Tenders
1/4 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Basil
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
(1) 10 oz. pkg. frozen Spinach, defrosted
1 Can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/3 Cup Water
- Rinse Baby Carrots under cool water. Place in Slow Cooker's pot.
- Rinse Yam (using veggie brush) under cool water. Cut into 1" chunks, quarter & place in pot.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried Parsley & 1 teaspoon dried Chopped Onions.
- Add 2 Bay Leaves.
- Rinse Chicken Tenders under cool water. Place on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle on about 1/4 teaspoon Oregano, 1/4 teaspoon Basil & 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder.
- Add defrosted Spinach on top, spreading evenly.
- In a bowl mix 1/3 Cup Water with 1 Can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup. Spread evenly over top.
- Place lid on Slow Cooker & set temperature.
- Cook on #5 High- 1 Hour. Then, reduce to #3 for 2 Hours.
This is so good any season of the year! Now, whenever I have plans to make this Slow Cooker meal, I'll always include the Yam!