Thursday, June 30, 2016

Strawberry Freezer Jam

Strawberry Freezer Jam
Strawberry Freezer Jam is a great treat to find in the freezer during the year!  Making jams in the summer was a tradition I grew up with & have kept.  My sister & I would help our mom make jams & jellies during the heat of the summer.  That was when air conditioning was not a comfort option.  We were a one car family with my dad driving the car to work every day.  These days central air is so comfy on a hot summer day & 2 cars work great!   

June is always the month when I purchase the quarts of locally grown strawberries from Meadowbrook Farm in East Longmeadow.  They are cleaned & prepped for our freezer.  Three quarts are saved to make three batches of Strawberry Freezer Jam.

In the spring I purchase the 1 cup plastic freezer containers, Certo liquid pectin & needed amounts of sugar (when bags of sugar are on sale).  Lemon Juice is always in my fridge.  When Strawberry season arrives here in the Pioneer Valley, it's time to get busy!

Three batches are prepared, but each batch is prepared separately.  The directions are found in each box of Certo for freezer & cooked jams & jellies.  It's always a good idea to read the directions before starting.

One thing to keep in mind is to:  Follow Directions Exactly.

Click here for my hints for making yummy Freezer Jams.

Before I know it, it will be Blueberry Season.  :)

Enjoy!
Yummy!
               

No comments: