|Butternut Squash Breads cooling!|
This bread also freezes very well. Usually, I bake 2. One is enjoyed for the next few days & the second bread is wrapped in foil & placed in our freezer. It's already baked! What a tasty bread! 1 cup of cooked/ mashed Butternut Squash makes a very delicious bread!
Butternut Squash Bread
Oven Temperature: 350°F Baking Time: 55 Minutes
1 and 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Cup Sugar
4 Egg Whites (= total of 2 Whole Eggs)
3/4 Cup Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
1 Cup Butternut Squash, cooked/ mashed/ cooled- defrosted if frozen
- Spray 1 large bread pan with PAM.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In smaller bowl, beat Egg Whites until frothy.
- Mix in Olive Oil.
- Add mashed Butternut Squash to Egg White/ Olive Oil mixture.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into bread pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 Minutes, or until cake tester/ toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle of loaf.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 Minutes.
- Then, remove from pan.
- Continue cooling on wire rack.
- Later, place on a serving dish & cut into slices.
Can you substitute canned pumpkin?? Yes. However, Butternut Squash Bread is just the best!